Tawe Help

Topic not covered?

Start a new topic

TAWE Voice Recording Problem

Hi,

have installed Tawe on my PC and on my iPad air.  The visual elements work fine however sound recording feature does not work on either device.  Counts down to record then comes up with error messages.

"Nothing meaningful recorded ....

"Recording stopped because you reached maximum length 25 mins..."

All these appear before I can recod anything.  Please help, I like the potential, just very frustrating.

Cheers Sandy

2 people have this question
I could see Sandy, Pankaj and Dhiraj raised the same problem. Are they got resolved? If so could you please contact them and collect info on how they resolved it. It will help me to resolve my problem. However from the same PC I can record for video scribe with no issues. Today I tried in android also and faced the same problem. So for me it persist in my pc,iPad and android tab. Thanks Suresh

No. The Problem is yet to be solved. I have stopped trying it...

Same here. I spoke to Barry. They said they'll probably look into it if more people are facing the same issue.

One final Update

I did the following today

[1] reinstalled Tawe in my laptop 

[2] reinstalled in Ipad min

[3] reinstalled in an Android tab

[4] installed in Samsung Galaxy phone

[5] installed in LG smart phone

[6] installed in another laptop

In all the cases I am getting the same error.

I gave up until i hear something concrete from your end.

We have worked quite hard to try and narrow down the issue with this one but we have seemed to hit a dead end. We have proven this is not account related by getting Suresh to try different Sparkol accounts on various devices. We have also got the TAWE files you have created sent to us and we can use those fine on all our machines (Windows/Mac/iOS/Android) and add audio without error. We also see uploads to Sho.co on a regular basis with Voice overs included so we know this is not an issue effecting many people. 

The key to this is finding our what's unique about the small handful of people effected by this and being able to re-create this bug at this end so we can see it in action and really get to grips with it. We have of course logged this as a formal bug with the developers and will keep an eye out for new cases and try to obtain as much information each time narrow down the issue.

I know this sounds completely absurd, but could it be a location or time zone issue?

That is also a test possible .

@Barry : will you be able to change the locale and have a try as we have no options.

Yesterday I took a brand new Windows 8 laptop and tried it and it failed.  I did this as all my previous test was on windows 7. One thing I forgot to do was to test as "in administrator mode"

However it is not working in windows 7. 

@Dhiraj  : I tried with Locale UK but no luck.

I am also facing this same issue and it is very frustrating that after finishing my video and spending all the time, i cannot put the audio on top :-(...

Hello, so we have managed to isolate this issue down and it is a time zone issue. Seems to effect any time zone that is not a whole hour different to UK time. So if you are in a zone which is 08:30 ahead that will fail but the full hors of 08:00 or 09:00 are fine. Very strange but the workaround is to change your time zone to one that is a whole hour from GMT and you can then record the voiceover. We will of course try and fix the bug in a future version.

Thanks Barry I will make this change and confirm. Yes the logic make sense as my TZ is IST which is 5:30 hours ahead of GMT Cheers Suresh

Faced the same issue on my macbook, time zone India.

Read Barry's workaround, changed my macbook timezone to China, and it worked!

Thank you!

The same problem persists.... running win 7

"Nothing meaningful recorded ....

"Recording stopped because you reached maximum length 25 mins..."

Hi Anup,

Were you able to try adjusting your time zone settings to resolve this?

I have added the information provided by Barry for your convenience.

we have managed to isolate this issue down and it is a time zone issue. Seems to effect any time zone that is not a whole hour different to UK time. So if you are in a zone which is 08:30 ahead that will fail but the full hors of 08:00 or 09:00 are fine. Very strange but the workaround is to change your time zone to one that is a whole hour from GMT and you can then record the voiceover. We will of course try and fix the bug in a future version.

Barry I have same problem as Pankaj. Please help.

Login to post a comment